Pages

Polka dots at tea time

Sunday 25 January 2015

It's tea season! Well, actually, as a tea lover, I believe there is always time for tea. And I do enjoy the whole experience - from boiling the water to sipping the warm and cozy beverage from lovely teapots and cups. I received this porcelain tea cups and plates from a dear friend, especially for me to paint them. And even though I am really into graphic designs these days, I settled on the simple, but very chic polka dot pattern. Not only does it have that touch of elegance, but the pattern goes very well with my flowery teapot.



Tips&Tricks:
  • Make sure the cups and plates are clean - grease and dust free. 
  • Choose a pattern that makes you happy and use the cups everyday, so that they will bring you joy. Or make them for someone special and offer them as a gift. Draw a shape you like, write a lovely and thoughtful message, make it fun!
  • I used a golden porcelain marker to apply the design. I let it dry for a few hours and fixed the pattern by baking the cups and plates for 30 minutes at 160 degrees C (in a non pre-heated oven) and let them cool in the oven. You can also use a sharpie and bake the result in the same way. 
  • If you draw a line that you're not quite happy about, you can correct it by quickly wiping it with a paper towel or some nail polish remover.
  • The design keeps quite well, but I only wash the cups by hand. 





This is such an little easy project, perfect for a creative weekend. You can use any kind of cups, mugs, plates, bowls, vases - just have fun with it and enjoy the process. Craft on. Hugs, Anca

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...