Pages

I can draw

Wednesday 25 March 2015

I've been in love with drawing all of my life.

I started out with girls silhouettes - at first they were more like a circle and two squares connected by some lines and then they took different shape over the years. I gradually added details, and by details I mean clothes. Coats, skirts, scarves, dresses, you name it. My aunt used to draw a lot and she was so good I used to sit for hours just looking at her books and feel the trace of the pencil with my fingertips. I don't have any of those creations anymore, I just always kept them in my heart.

Later on I expressed the desire to attend an art college, but other members of my family opposed it saying I would end up a starving artist. That image didn't bother me, but in the end I agreed and I chose not to study art. Yeah, I know, life as a series of decisions... And so I kept that in my heart too, but I still want to learn.

I realize my relationship with art hasn't been kind at all, it actually was a fearful one most of the times. I doubt everything, I run away, I hide behind other people or things. It's like, what am I afraid of? There is no competition in feeling, imagining and living. Cause that's what art is to me.

And then, there's the elation of actually doing it. Then, time stops. I feel light and happy. It comes so natural. But it's just for moments. How can I extend these moments? Is that even possible?

And am I writing a self-therapy page or a blog post? :)

Well, I keep on practising drawing again after three years of absence now and all of this time I've been saying to myself to get a grown-up job. Well, I didn't manage to convince myself into it hence the present text and for what is worth, I want to show you some recent drawings.

Thanks for reading, feels good to be here in this journey.

Babywearing illustrations meant for slings (but didn't make it there yet)
Woodland creatures for a Baby play mat, soon to show you
Another play mat, this time for a Supergirl, will post soon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...